GoodWe inverters: Overview of the EH, MS and SMT Series
GoodWe is a leading provider of solar inverters and energy storage systems, with more than two million inverters installed around the world.
GoodWe has delivered more than 23 gigawatts of capacity, and their products are used in over 100 countries and regions. The company has more than 2,000 employees in 15 countries, including an R&D of over 500.
- GoodWe was founded in 2010, and the brand has been present in Australia since 2012.
- According to the global consulting firm Wood Mackenzie, GoodWe was the world’s #1 storage inverter provider in 2020, with a market share of 15%.
- GoodWe has also received the Top Brand PV seal from EuPD Research for many consecutive years, including 2021.
GoodWe inverters range from 0.7 to 250 kW, covering all types of projects: residential, commercial, industrial and utility-scale. At Instyle Solar we work with their EH, MS and SMT inverters. The EH and MS series are designed for home solar systems, while the SMT series is designed for commercial installations.
Residential GoodWe inverters: EH and MS Series
GoodWe inverters from the EH and MS series are transformerless, and designed for single-phase installations. The EH series ranges from 3.6 to 6 kW, while the MS series ranges from 5 to 10 kW. The following table compares both product lines:
|Product Features||EH Series||MS Series|
|Capacity||3.6 kW, 5 kW & 6kW||5 kW, 6 kW, 7 kW, 8.5 kW & 10 kW|
|Type of inverter||Battery-ready hybrid inverter, can use 85 – 450 V batteries||Grid-tied solar inverter|
|Efficiency||Up to 97.6%||Up to 97.7%|
|Maximum power point trackers (MPPT)||2 circuits||3 circuits|
|Operating temperature||-35°C to +60°C||-25°C to +60°C|
|Communication||Mobile appWiFi / EthernetRS 485 for power meter||LCD screenWiFi / EthernetRS 485 for power meter|
MS series inverters can operate with a continuous AC overload of 10%, which increases their kilowatt-hour output and power bill savings. Both the EH and MS series tolerate the 33% DC oversizing that is allowed by Australian regulations, which means they can use larger solar arrays. Actually, the MS series is designed for 100% DC oversizing.
Inverters from the EH series can be used in a grid-tied configuration if you only plan to install solar panels without energy storage. If you decide to add a battery system later, the inverter can be upgraded into a hybrid by simply using an activation code.
- There is no need to replace any internal components, and the EH inverter has an overloading capacity of 20% when used with batteries.
- An EH inverter with energy storage can also be used as an uninterruptible power supply, with an automatic 10-millisecond switch.
Commercial GoodWe inverters: SMT Series
The GoodWe SMT series ranges from 25 to 36 kW, meeting the needs of three-phase commercial solar installations. These inverters have a fan-cooled and transformerless design, and their efficiency is up to 98.8%. They offer the following features:
- Capacity: 25 kW, 30 kW & 36 kW
- 3 maximum power point trackers with 2 strings per tracker (6 strings per inverter).
- Operating temperature: -30°C to +60°C
- User interface: LDC screen or mobile app
- Communication: RS485 / WiFi / GPRS / PLC
SMT series inverters have a weight of 40 kg, and they measure 480 x 590 x 200 mm. Their compact design and their IP65 enclosure make them suitable for commercial rooftops.
For more, visit our blog.
Interested in solar? By clicking below you can use our smart solar calculator to find out just how much you could save with solar, what rebate you are eligible for, and the impact you will have on the environment.
Don’t wait until next quarter’s bloated bill, and get started today!
Join over 20,000 homeowners who have made the switch with Instyle Solar, or the 1000+ positive reviewers who have been more than happy with their solar install.